These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies have texture of brownies on the inside and a crunchy powdered sugar layer on the outside. Absolutely delicous cookies, that easy to make and will be perfect for holiday baking.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commision if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
How to make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Butter. I used unsalted butter room temperature.
- Sugar. Granualted white sugar.
- Eggs. Room temperature large eggs will work best.
- Flour. All-purpose flour was used in this recipe.
- Cocoa powder. Use dutch processed cocoa powder. I used Extra Brute Cacao Barry, but natural cocoa or unsweetened cocoa powder will also work .
- Baking powder. Helps cookies to rise.
- Salt. Ads taste to cookies.
- Vanilla extract. Adds flavor.
- Powdered sugar. Sift powdered sugar before using.
In a mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside. In a separate mixing bowl beat unsalted butter and granulated sugar untill light and smooth. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat again untill all combined. Sift in dry ingredients and stir to combine. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat. I used Silikomart Air mat.
Tip from Marina: sift powdered sugar before rolling cookies.
Scoop dough with ice cream scoop or cookie scoop for even portioning into 18-20 cookies. After that roll cookies dough into even-sized balls. Then roll each ball into sifted powdered sugar. Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the wire rack.
How to store cookies
Store these cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for a week. These cookies freeze well too. Freeze baked cookies in Ziplog bag or air-tight container for a few months. You can aslo freeze unbaked cookies without powdered sugar in the bag or container. When you are ready to bake, all you have to do is roll cookioes in powdered sugar. They will be perfect for holiday cookie box.
If you make these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, please tag me on social media and make sure to leave a rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Check other recipes for cookies:
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Pistachio Raspberry Cookies
- Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Salami
- One Dough Holiday cookie box
- Brown Butter Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- 1 baking sheet pan
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar sifted
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat unsalted butter and granulated sugar untill light and smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat again untill all combined.
- Sift in dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Scoop dough with cookie scoop or ice cream spoon for even portioning into 18-20 cookies. After that roll cookie dough into even-sized balls.
- Roll each ball into sifted powdered sugar.
- Place cookies on the baking sheet, make sure to leave space between each of the cookies.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool and then move them to a wire rack to fully cool down.