Valentine’s Day is around the corner and Love is in the air. I am sharing Strawberry macarons recipe with you today. This recipe is based on Valrhona Strawberry inspiration chocolate. I wanted to create this recipe specifically for this chocolate as I have a little obsession with Valrhona chocolate. Lol This is classic flavor that I gave a modern twist.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
How to make Strawberry Macarons
- bake macaron shells
- make strawberry ganache
- fill macarons
How to make macarons shells please check: Italian meringue or French meringue recipes for tips and detailed instructions. This strawberry ganache will be also perfect for chocolate macarons shells.If you like chocolate covered strawberries then I you will love this ganache with chocolate macarons shells. It is like you bite real strawberry covered in chocolate.
Ingredients for Strawberry ganache
- Valrhona strawberry inspiration chocolate
- Valrhona Opalys white chocolate or other 32%-34% white chocolate
- strawberry puree. Please see blog post how to make fruit puree or you can use store-bought.
- unsalted butter room temperature
- glucose syrup
- lemon juice
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
How to make strawberry ganache
Place chocolate into plastic bowl or cup. Do not use glass! Semi melt chocolate in the microwave.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan warm up strawberry puree and glucose syrup. Do not boil!
Pour the puree mixture over melted chocolate in 3 parts, mixing with the help of rubber spatula. Emulsify with a hand blender. Add room temperature unsalted butter and lemon juice. After that, emulsify again. Then, pour ganache into glass container. Cover with plastic wrap “to contact”. After that, let ganache set for at least 8 hours or overnight.
How to assemble macarons
When you have macaron shells and ganache ready, only then assemble macarons. Transfer strawberry ganache into pipping bag with round tip. Pipe ganache on the inside of one macaron shell. Place another macaron shell on top and press a little bit. Ripeat with other macarons shells. After that, place macarons in air-tight container and keep in the fridge for 24 hours. Because macarons need to mature. Do not serve or eat macarons right out of the fridge. Let them come to room temperature for at least 20-30 minutes for proper texture.
Can you make macarons ahead of time?
Yes, absolutely! Macarons are perfect “make ahead” dessert. You can bake macarons shells a few days ahead and keep in air-tight container at room temperature. Do not keep shells in the refrigerator as they will be wet.
How to store macarons
Store strawberry macarons filled with the ganache in air-tight container at room temperature for 1-2 days. In the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Can I freeze strawberry macarons?
Yes, you can freeze macarons with this strawberry ganache. However, freezing doesn’t count as maturing. First, you need to mature macarons and then, freeze. Do not bring out frozen macarons directly to room temperature, because they will condensate and get soggy. Always move the macarons from freezer to fridge and then to room temperature.
If you try this Strawberry macarons recipe, please do not forget to tag me on the social media. And leave a comment on this blog post. I would love to see your creations!
More macarons recipes to check:
- Ruby chocolate macarons
- Heart shaped macarons
- Dark chocolate raspberry macarons
- Chocolate Covered strawberries
- Strawberry Champagne macarons
- Strawberry Cheesecake macarons
- Tomato macarons
- 1 emulsify blender
- 160 gr Valrhona strawberry inspiration chocolate
- 90 gr Valrhona Opalys white chocolate or other 32%-34% white chocolate.
- 130 gr strawberry puree
- 56 gr unsalted butter room temperature (1/2 stick)
- 15 gr glucose syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Semi melt chocolate in microwave using 15 seconds intervals.
- In a small saucepan warm up strawberry puree and glucose syrup. Do not boil!
- Pour the puree mixture over melted chocolate in 3 parts, mixing with the help of rubber spatula.
- Emulsify with a hand blender.
- Add room temperature unsalted butter and lemon juice and emulsify again.
- Pour into glass container. Cover with plastic wrap “to contact”.
- Let set for at least 8 hours or overnight.