Passion Fruit Macarons
Passion fruit macarons are always big hit. They disappear so fast when I make a lot of macarons with different flavors. I wanted to recreate one of my favorite Pierre Herme’s Mogador recipes. I like this combination of exotic passion fruit with milk chocolate so much. These Passion Fruit Macarons filled with passion fruit ganache and today I am sharing this recipe with you.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
How to make Passion Fruit Macarons
- Bake macarons shells. Recipes and instructions for macaron shells you can find below.
- Make Passion Fruit ganache.
- Fill macarons with ganache.
How to make macaron shells
Here are recipes how to make macaron shells.
- Italian meringue macarons shells recipe
- French meringue macarons shells
- Chocolate macarons shells recipe
Ingredients for ganache
- milk chocolate. I used Callebaut milk chocolate 31.7%
- passion fruit puree
- unsalted butter room temperature
Tip from Marina: For this recipe is better to use passion fruit puree without seeds. Basically, it is passion fruit juice that sold frozen. I find it in my local grocery store.
How to make Passion Fruit Ganache
Cut the butter into pieces and set aside. Chop the chocolate with a serrated knife and semi melt the chocolate in the microwave using 30 seconds intervals. Warm up passion fruit puree. Not more than 104F (40C).
Pour warm passion fruit puree (juice) over chocolate in 3 part, mixing always with the help of a rubber spatula fast and pressing down. Once is well incorporated, pour it into a deep container and emulsify with a hand blender. Add room temperature unsalted butter and emulsify again.
Transfer to a flat glass container, cover with plastic wrap to contact and keep in the refrigerated until it becomes creamy. This ganache I don’t keep overnight. It is ready to use after a few hours in the fridge. Transfer to a pipping bag and fill macarons.
Passion fruit has recently gained a lot of attention because it is a rich source of powerful antioxidants and other healthy benefits.
How to store
Store Passion Fruit Macarons in air-tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can also freeze macarons with this filling for up to 6 months.
If you make these Passion Fruit Macarons, please tag me on social media and make sure to leave a rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Check also other recipes:
Passion Fruit Macarons
- 1 emulsify blender
- 1 small sauce pan
- 300 gr (2 cups) milk chocolate. I used Callebaut milk chocolate 31.7%
- 135 gr (½ cup) passion fruit puree
- 55 gr (4 Tablespoon) unsalted butter room temperature
- Cut the butter into pieces and set aside.
- Chop the chocolate with a serrated knife and semi melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Warm up passion fruit puree.
- Pour warm passion fruit puree (juice) over chocolate in 3 part, mixing always with the help of a rubber spatula.
- Once is well incorporated, pour it into a deep container and emulsify with a hand blender.
- Add room temperature unsalted butter and emulsify again.
- Transfer to a flat glass container, cover with plastic wrap to contact and keep in the refrigerated until it becomes creamy.
- Fill macarons.
Amazing account thanks for all the recipes and details
Thank you so much!
Thank you ♡
Hi 🙂 thanks for simple, yet superb recipe. If I would swap milk chocolate for white chocolate, would I need to adjust the measurements, e.g. Amount of chocolate (less/more)? Thank you for your time!
Yes, you will need to adjust measurments. I would not recommend to change chocolate.
Hi. Where do you get your passion fruit puree? I’m from the US. Can I use 40% milk chocolate?
Check my Shop page. I have all links there.