Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles
Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles made with dark chocolate and mascarpone cheese. They have smooth texture and rich taste. These truffles simple to make and could be great addition to any occasion. If you are chocolate lover, you have to try this recipe.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
How to make Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles
Ingredients you’ll need
- Chocolate. Dark chocolate. This is main ingredient, use good quality chocolate.
- Cream. Heavy cream or heavy whipping cream should be used in this recipe. Do not use half and half or milk. Chocolate mixture will not set properly and may be runny.
- Cheese. Mascarpone cheese room temperature.
- Decor. Cocoa powder or see some ideas below.
In the saucepan add chocolate and heavy cream. Over low heat melt chocolate and cream. Remove from heat and add mascarpone cream. Using rubber spatula, stir chocolate mixture until all combine. transfer into container or flat bowl and cover with plastic wrap “to contact”. Refrigerate the mixture until is set, or for at least 1 hour.
Using ice cream spoon make balls and place them on parchment paper. Balls do not have to be perfectly shaped. Refrigerate balls for about 20-30 minutes. After that, using both hand, shape ball into perfect size and roll each ball in cocoa powder. I highly recommend using disposable gloves to shape and roll ball. Chocolate mixture will become soft and could start to melt from heat of your hands, you need to work fast or shape a few balls at the time, keeping rest in the fridge.
After you roll balls in cocoa powder, place truffles into box and keep refrigerated.
How to store
Store Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in the box or air-tight container. You can also freeze truffles with or without cocoa powder topping for a few months. To defrost truffles, thaw in the refrigerator and then bring to room temperature. This is perfect “make ahead” dessert.
Toppings for Truffles
Cocoa powder in this recipe, adds layer of flavor to smooth chocolate balls. You can use any other flavors for truffles. Check some ideas below:
- chopped nuts. Pistachios, pecans, hazelnuts.
- dried coconut flakes.
- other powders. Freeze dried powdered strawberries or raspberries.
If you make these Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles, please tag me on social media and make sure to leave a rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Check also other recipes:
- Sugared Cranberries
- Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Holiday Christmas Cookie Box 2022
- Chocolate Brownie Hearts
- Meringue Cookies with Raspberry ganache
Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles
- 1 saucepan
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 ice cream scoop
- 1 ½ cup dark chocolate 260 gr
- ½ cup heavy cream 120 gr
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese room temperature 240 gr
- ½ cup cocoa powder for decor
- In the saucepan add chocolate and heavy cream.
- Over low heat melt chocolate and cream.
- Remove from heat and add mascarpone cream. Using rubber spatula, stir chocolate mixture until all combine.
- Transfer mixture into container or flat bowl and cover with plastic wrap "to contact".
- Refrigerate the mixture until is set, or for at least 1 hour.
- Using ice cream spoon make balls and place them on parchment paper. Balls do not have to be perfectly shaped.
- Refrigerate balls for about 20-30 minutes.
- Using both hands, shape ball into perfect size.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder and place in the box or container.