These Pumpkin Donuts are so soft and fluffy. They are very easy to make. No need to use stand or hand mixer. Whisk, spatula and donut pan are the only equipment required for this recipe.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank youfor supporting my blog!
- pumpkin puree. Be sure to use 100% pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- granulated white sugar. Regular sugar.
- brown sugar. I used light brown sugar for this recipe.
- pumpkin pie spice. If you can not find this mix in the store, combine 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract. These are essential baking ingredients.
- large eggs. Important to use room temperature eggs.
- all-purpose flour. Use your favorite flour.
- vegetable oil. Canola oil or light olive oil will work for this recipe.
- cinnamon powder. This is optional. You can also use pumpkin pie spice.
How to make Pumpkin Donuts
Preheat theoven to 350F degrees. Spray donut pan with bakign spay or butter. In the mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside. In another mixing bowl whisk eggs witxh sugars. Then add pumpkin puree, oil and vanilla extract. Sift in dry ingredients and fold together with a spatula untill all combined. Batter willbe thick. Transfer the dough to a pipping bag.
Tip from Marina: if you do not have pipping bag, you can use large Ziploc bag with one corner snipped.
Pipe the dough into the donut pan, filling about 1/2 to 2/3 full. Bake donuts for 12 minutes or untill a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in thepan for 5-10 minutes. In the mixing bowl, combine granulates sugar and cinnamon powder. Add warm donut to the cinnamon sugar and toss to coat.
Tip from Marina: if the sugar is not sticking to the donuts, brush them with melted butter before coating with cinnamon sugar.
How to store
Store Pumpkin Donuts in airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. You can freeze donuts in Ziploc bag for a few months. I would recommend freezing without cinnamon sugar coat.
If you make these Pumpkin Donuts, please tag me on the social media and make sure to leave a rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Other recipes to check:
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Kyiv cake
- Pumpkin Spice Latte macarons
- Honey cake Medovik
- Fraisier cake
- Egg yolk lemon cake
- 1 whisk
- 1 spatula
- 1 donut pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour 384 gr
- ½ teasppon baking soda
- 1 teasppon baking powder
- 2 teasppon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teasppon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar 200 gr
- 1 cup brown sugar 220 gr
- 2 cups pumpkin puree 425 gr 15 oz
- ½ cup vegetable oil 100 gr
- 1 teasppon vanilla extract
Cinnamon sugar coat
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
For the Pumpkin Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Spray with baking spray donut pan.
- In the mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk eggs with both sugars. Then add pumpkin puree, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Sift in dry ingredients and fold together with a spatula until all combined. Batter will be thick.
- Transfer the dough to a pipping bag.
- Pipe the dough into the donut pan, filling about ½ to 2/3 full.
- Bake donuts for 12minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Let cool in the pan for 5 -10 minutes.
For the Cinnamon sugar coat
- In the mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Add warm donut to the cinnamon sugar and toss to coat.