Peach season is here. My son and I went to local farm and picked fresh peaches. They were so delicious and I wanted to bake something with them right away. Peach Cake is soft, moist and loaded with peaches. This recipe is simple and made with ingredients that you can find in every kitchen. You asked me for more recipes that are easy to make and required no baking skills. This recipe is one of them.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Ingredients for this recipe
- Flour. All purpose flour was used in this recipe.
- Sugar. White granulated sugar.
- Butter. Unsalted butter room temperature.
- Sour Cream. Room temperature sour cream. Gives moister to the cake.
- Eggs. French eggs room temperature.
- Peaches. Large ripe peaches. Do not use frozen.
Tip from Marina: to peel peaches faster, add peaches into boiling water for one minute and then place in cold water. Skin will peel easily.
How to make Peach Cake
- Peel and cut fresh peaches into cubes.
- Mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and sour cream.
- Fold in peaches and transfer batter into baking pan.
- Bake peach cake and let it cool to room temperature.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional) and serve.
How to serve Peach Cake
Peach Cake is best to eat when it is at room temperature. I would not recommend to eat warm. Dust cake with powdered sugar and serve with ice cream on the side. Decorate with fresh mint leaves.
How to store
Store Peach Cake in the air-tight container or wrapped in the plastic wrap for 2-3 days. You can also freeze cake for 1-2 months.
Tips for making Peach Cake
- Use fresh ripe peaches. Frozen peaches will give to much moister and texture of the cake will not be the same.
- Measure all ingredients correctly. Use kitchen scale.
- Baking time may be different, depending on your oven. Check with the wooden stick inserted in the center of the cake.
- Use room temperature ingredients. I repeat again, room temperature.
- For more flavor add a few apricots with the peaches.
If you make this Peach Cake, please tag me on social media and make sure to leave a rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Check also other recipes:
- 1 stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- 1 9 inch cake pan
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 spatula
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour (180 gr)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar (200 gr)
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature (226 gr)
- ¼ cup sour cream room temperature (60 gr)
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3 large peaches, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
How to make Peach Cake
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Spray 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray or grease with the butter.
- In the mixing bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Peel and cut peaches into cubes.
- In the bow of stand mixer with pedal attachment beat soft butter and sugar on hight medium speed until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at the time, allowing them incorporate into the batter before adding next one.
- Add sour cream and mix until all combine.
- With the mixer on low speed beat in flour mixture.
- With the help of spatula, fold in the peaches. Do not mix for too long.
- Transfer batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350oF for 50 minutes or until wooden stick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake to room temperature.
- Dust with powdered sugar on top and serve.