Heart shaped macarons
Heart shaped macarons will be perfect for Valentine’s Day. If you want to learn how to make these macarons, this detailed guide will help you to master these delicious cookies.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
I made printable template for you to download and use.
These heart shaped macarons don’t require a ton of equipment. Here is a list of tools I like to use when I make these macarons:
- Stand mixer or electric mixer
- Kitchen scale
- Large baking sheet
- Round pipping tip Wilton 10 or 12 and pipping bag
- Silpat baking mat
- Heart shaped macaron template (see above)
- Haute food colors
Tips for making macarons
- Pick the recipe you will be using: Italian meringue, French meringue, or chocolate shells.
- Read through the recipe first.
- Prepare all tools (see tools list above).
- Weigh all ingredients.
- Do not use wax paper. Use silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Use water-based food coloring.
How to pipe heart shaped macarons
Place template under silicone mat and pipe macarons. Start from the top left corner, and pipe a diagonal line to the center. Then move the pipping bag up to the top right corner and pipe a diagonal line to the center, meeting the first one.
Tip from Marina: Apply more pressure at the top of the heart then at the bottom because the bottom needs to be narrow.
Using toothpick, spread the batter to the edges of the template. This is important step. Do not skip it! As macarons will bake, they will get rounded. Make a pointy edge at the bottom for beautiful shape of the heart.
What filling to use for macarons?
To fill macaron shells you can use ganache, buttercream, caramel. I have many ideas for macaron fillings on this blog, even savory. Check some of them below:
- Strawberry macarons
- Red Velvet Whoopi Pies
- Dark chocolate raspberry macarons
- Tomato macarons
- Ruby chocolate macarons
- Blueberry macarons
- Passion fruit macarons
- Pistachio macarons
How to store heart shaped macarons
Heart shaped macarons should be store as regular macarons. Store in the fridge for 1-3 days in air-tight container or in the freezer for a few months. For more storing details see individual post with filling recipes.
If you try to make these hart shaped macarons and use my template, please do not forget to tag me on the socila media. And leave a comment on this blog post. I would love to see your creations!
Heart shaped macarons
- 1 emulsify blender
- 1 stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- 1 batch macaron shells
- 150 gr white chocolate 32%-34%
- 100 gr Valrhona strawberry inspiration chocolate
- 130 gr strawberry puree
- 56 gr unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon glucose syrup
- Semi melt chocolate in the microwave using 15 seconds intervals.
- In the small saucepan warm up strawberry puree and glucose syrup. Do not boil!
- Pour the warm puree mixture over melted chocolate in 3 parts, mixing with the help of the rubber spatula.
- Emulsify with a hand blender.
- Add room temperature unsalted butter and emulsify again.
- Pour ganache into glass container. Cover with the plastic wrap "to contact".
- Let set for at least 8 hours or overnight in the refregirator.
- Transfer ganache into pipping bag and fill macarons.