Gluten free Crumbs
I use crumbs for macarons and other desserts a lot. Crumbs give interesting texture and taste to the dessert. Gluten free crumbs are very hard to find in the store. That’s why I’ve decided to make my own. And today I am sharing this recipe with you.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Where to use gluten free crumbs
- Macarons. Macarons are gluten free cookies, and I am using crumbs for toppings or fillings.
- Cheesecakes. Use crumbs to make gluten free crumbs base for cheesecakes.
- Mousse cakes. For a cake layer in the mouse cakes
- Ice cream. As topping for ice cream.
- gluten free flour. If you are going to use crumbs for gluten free desserts, use gluten free flour. I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour for this recipe.
- light brown sugar
- unsalted butter
How to make gluten free Crumbs
Preheat oven to 300F. Line baking sheet pan with parchment paper or Silpat mat.
Melt unsalted butter. In the mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, and salt.
Add melted butter and whisk with a fork or spatula until clumps form.
Transfer mixture into prepared baking sheet pan.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, breaking them up occasionally. The crumbs should be light brown. They should be still slightly moist to the touch. They will dry and harder as they cool.
Let the crumbs cool completely before eating or using for macarons or other desserts. They can melt ganache or buttercream if they are still warm.
How to store
Store crumbs in air-tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. I do not recommend storing crumbs in the refrigerator or freezer as they may become moist.
If you make these gluten free Crumbs, please tag me on social media and make sure to leave rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Check other recipes:
- No bake Cheesecake in a Jar
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Lemon Curd
- Egg shaped macarons
Gluten Free Crumbs
- 1 whisk
- ⅔ cup gluten free flour
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Line baking sheet pan with parchment paper or Silpat mat.
- Melt unsalted butter.
- In the mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add melted butter and whisk with a fork or spatula until clumps form.
- Transfer mixture into prepared baking sheet pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, breaking them up occasionally. Baked crumbs should be light brown.
- Let the crumbs cool completely before eating or using for macarons or other desserts.