There are many different fillings for macarons shells. Most of my macarons are filled with ganache. However, I like other fillings too. For example caramel, jam or buttercream. Today I am sharing recipe of Dark Chocolate Raspberry macarons. They will be perfect for Valentine’s Day dessert or an any time treat.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
How to make Dark Chocolate Raspberry Macarons
I used Wilton 1M pipping tip to make macarons shells.
2. make ganache
3. fill macarons with ganache
What is ganache?
Ganache is emulsion between two main components: fat (chocolate) and water (heavy cream or fruit puree). This Dark Chocolate Raspberry ganache is smooth and shiny. First you taste chocolate and then raspberry. This classic combination of dark chocolate and raspberries will be great addition in your macarons journey.
TIPS FOR MAKING MACARONS:
- Choose recipe and read it first a few times.
- Experiment with this recipe as many times as you need to find perfect temperature for your oven.
- Make notes with what works and what doesn’t work for your oven.
- Get oven thermometer.
- Do not give up!
How to make Dark Chocolate Raspberry ganache
Chop chocolate finely and place in a plastic bowl or cup. Melt the chocolate in the microwave using 30 seconds intervals. Meanwhile, in the small pot heat raspberry puree and glucose syrup till just begins to simmer. Do not boil! Pour the warm mixture over the chocolate in 3 parts, mixing always with the help of a rubber spatula. Do it fast and pressing down. Once is well incorporated, pour it into deep container. Emulsify with a hand blender. Add unsalted butter room temperature and emulsify again. After that, transfer mixture to a glass bowl and cover with the plastic wrap “to contact”. Let set for at least 8-10 hours (or overnight) in the refregirator.
Tip from Marina: I like to pair macarons shells right after they cool off and move into plastic container.
How to fill macarons
Transfer ganache into pipping bag with round tip ( Wilton 10) and fill macarons shells. Flip over half your cookies and pipe generous amounts of ganache into the center. Sandwich the cookies and twist together. That’s all!
How to store macarons
After you fill macarons with ganache, put macarons into air-tight container. Keep macarons refrigerated for 24 hours. They need to mature. This is very important step! Do not skip it!
This Dark Chocolate Raspberry Macarons ganache has unique flavor. I really like this filling for Valentine’s Day macarons. If you like this recipe, check Strawberry Macarons.
If you make these Dark chocolate raspberry macarons, please tag me on the social media and make sure to leave a raiting down below. I would love to see your creations! Check also other recipes:
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Macarons
- 1 emulsify blender
- 1 stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- 150 gr Guanaja Valrhona dark chocolate
- 150 gr raspberry puree
- 25 gr unsalted butter room temperature
- 10 gr glucose syrup
- Chop chocolate finely and place in a plastic bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave using 30 seconds intervals.
- Heat raspberry puree and glucose syrup till just begins to simmer. Do not boil.
- Pour the warm mixture over the chocolate in 3 parts, mixing always with the help of a rubber spatula, fast and pressing down.
- Pour it into deep container, and emulsify with a hand blender
- Add unsalted butter room temperature and emulsify again.
- Transfer mixture to a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap to contact. Let set for at least 8- 10 hours (overnight).
- Transfer to pipping bag and fill macarons shells.