It is blueberry season and I am sharing recipe of Blueberry Cheesecake Macarons. If you like cheesecake then you will love this macaron filling. Blueberry Cheesecake Macarons are made with purple macaron shells and cheesecake filling that has no food coloring. I tried to find shade of purple that will match with this blueberry filling. Every macaron taste like slice of blueberry cheesecake and just melting in your mouth. You will be impressed with this recipe!
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
How to make Blueberry Cheesecake Macarons
- bake macaron shells. Use your favorite recipe to bake macaron shells. You can check my recipes here. I also have online video lesson how to make macaron shells using NO REST method.
- make blueberry cheesecake filling.
- assemble macarons.
Blueberry Cheesecake filling
When I was thinking about how to make this filling, I wanted to make something simple and tasty. This recipe requires ingredients that can be found in every kitchen. And just look at this beautiful color! No food coloring was added into this filling.
- butter. Unsalted butter was used in this recipe.
- cream cheese. Use the brand you buy in block. Spreadable or whipped cream cheese will be too soft and filling may be runny.
- powdered sugar. I recommend to shift before using.
- blueberry puree. Use store bought or make your own. If you use homemade blueberry puree, I would recommend to remove seeds.
How to make Blueberry puree
In the small saucepan over medium heat cook fresh or frozen blueberries for about 5 minutes. Blueberries need to become soft and release juice.
Tip from Marina: add a teaspoon of water and stir blueberries. This will help to release juice faster.
You can pulse blueberry mixture in the food processor for a few seconds and then remove seeds using fine mesh. This is totally optional. If you prefer rustic style filling then cooking blueberries is all you need.
Why Cheesecake filling is the best:
- this filling is really fast to make.
- does not required chilling (stabilizing time) like ganache.
- tastes like slice of blueberry cheesecake.
- beautiful natural color.
Tips for making Blueberry Cheesecake Macarons
- use blueberry puree. Fresh or frozen blueberries cooked for a few minutes will give amazing color and taste to the filling.
- do not use fresh or frozen blueberries in the filling without cooking them first.
- if filling is not pipping condition, then add more blueberry puree.
- runny filling can be fixed with adding more cream cheese.
How to store
Store Blueberry Cheesecake Macarons in the fridge for 2-3 days. Please note that maturing time for macarons maybe faster than ganache filling. I wanted this recipe to make fast and enjoy macarons fast. I would not recommend to freeze these macarons. After defrosting macarons can become soggy.
If you make these Blueberry Cheesecake Macrons, please tag me on social media and make sure to leave a rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Check also other blueberry recipes: macarons, muffins, donuts, fritters.
Blueberry Cheesecake Macarons
- 1 saucepan
- 1 spatula
- 1 pipping bag
- 1 Wilton 2D pipping tip
- 1 fine mesh strainer
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries will have more purée than what is required for this recipe
Blueberry Cheesecake filling
- 1 cup unsalted butter 226 gr
- 1 cup cream cheese 227 gr
- 2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 4 Tbsp blueberry puree
- In the mixing bowl of stand mixer with pedal attachment beat unsalted butter and cream cheese until combined.
- Gradually mix in sifted powdered sugar on low speed until incorporated.
- Add blueberry puree and increase speed to medium-high and beat for 20-30 seconds, until light and airy.
- Transfer blueberry cheesecake filling into pipping bag with Wilton 2D pipping tip.
- Pipe blueberry cheesecake filling on flat side of one macaron shell and sandwich with another macaron shell. Make sure that filling is not coming out from the macaron.
- Place filled macarons into air-tight container and refrigerate.