You already have seen many shaped macarons on my blog. Like pear, lemon or peach. I love making them. These Apple Shaped Macarons shaped as apple, filled with ganache and apple confit in the center, decorated with pretzel stick and pumpkin seeds. I also made printable template, you can download down below.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
How to make Apple Shaped Macarons
Download and print template.
Prepare macaronage and pipe Apple Shaped Macarons. Use my basic French meringue recipe to make shells or Italian meringue recipe. I also have online video lesson how to make macaron shells using No rest method. Any method you like to make macarons shells will work to make these apple shaped macarons.
Make Cinnamon white chocolate ganache. Cinnamon is optional in the ganache. You can make one of your favorite ganaches. I have many different fillings for macarons on my blog. Check fillings here.
Apple Cinnamon confit.
How to assemble Apple Shaped Macarons
Make sure you have everything ready before assembling macarons. Sometimes ganache could be too runny or stiff, make sure to check texture before transferring into pipping bag.
Tip from Marina: bring ganache to room temperature after refrigerating. This will help with pipping.
Pair baked macaron shells by size and place on the table. I like to use parchment paper and baking sheet pan to assemble macarons.
Pipe ganache on one flat side of macaron shell. Add Apple Cinnamon Confit in the center of the ganache. Sandwich macaron with another shell and press slightly. I decorated these apple shaped macrons with gluten free pretzel stick to look like stem. I also added pumpkin seeds to look like a leaves. Basically, I used what I had in my pantry for decor. All came out very simple and elegant. If you are more advanced level in macaron journey, you can pipe stem and leaf from macaronage like did Camila, for example.
When you assemble all macarons, place them into air-tight container and refrigerate for 12 hours. Macarons need to mature before you can enjoy them.
How to store
Store Apple Shaped Macarons in air-tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can also freeze these macarons for up to 6 months. I would recommend to freeze without decor.
Tips for making Apple Shaped Macarons
- All prepping can be done a day or two before assembling macarons.
- For macaron shells you can use different color, like green or yellow.
- You can make stem and leaves from tempered chocolate.
- Baking time may take a few minutes longer than usual macarons shells, as these are larger in size.
If you make these Apple Shaped Macarons, please tag me on social media and make sure to leave a rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Check also other recipes:
Apple Shaped Macarons
- 1 stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- 1 rabber spatula
- 2 baking mat
- 2 baking sheet pan
- 100 gr egg whites room temperature
- 100 gr white granulated sugar
- 120 gr almond flour
- 150 gr powdered sugar
Cinnamon White Chocolate Ganache
- 300 gr white chocolate
- 100 ml heavy whipping cream
- 20 gr glucose syrup
- 28 gr unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
Apple Cinnamon Confit
- 113 gr apple sauce
- 40 gr white granulated sugar
- 4 gr Pectin NH
- ⅛ tsp citric acid
How to make apple shaped macaron shells
- In the mixing bowl sift together almond flour and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of stand mixer add room temperature egg whites and start whisking on low speed. Start adding sugar one tablespoon at the time. Add red food coloring. Increase speed to medium-high and whip until stiff picks. This will take 10-15 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients and start folding the butter. When macaronage drips down from the spatula “like lava”, transfer into pipping bag with round tip.
- Download and print template.
- Pipe Apple shaped macaron shells on the baking mat.
- Top baking sheet pan with pipped macaron shells a few times. Let shells to rest on the countertop until no batter sticks to your finger when you touch.
- Bake macaron shells in the preheated oven to 275o F (134o C) for 12-14 minutes. Oven temperature and baking time may vary, depending on your oven.
- Remove baked macaron shells from the oven and let it cool on the baking mat with baking sheet pan. When shells are cooled completely, remove from baking mat and pair them with similar size.
How to make Cinnamon White Chocolate Ganache
- Semi melt white chocolate in the microwave or using double boiler method.
- In the small sauce pan bring to simmer cream, glucose syrup and cinnamon powder. Do not boil!
- Add hot cream into white chocolate in 3 parts, mixing with the spatula.
- Emulsify with hand blender.
- Add unsalted butter and salt. Emulsify again.
- Transfer into flat container and cover with plastic wrap "to contact".
- Refrigerate ganache for 8-12 hours.
How to make Apple Cinnamon Confit
- In the small bowl mix sugar with pectin NH.
- In the sauce pan over medium heat warm up apple sauce.
- Drizzle sugar mixture over apple sauce, mixing with the whisk all the time.
- As soon as mixture start boiling, wait 20-30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Add citric acid and mix with the whisk.
- Transfer confit into pipping bag and place flat on counter top.
- Let confit cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until use.
How to assemble Apple Shaped Macarons
- Pair baked macaron shells by size and place on the table. I like to use parchment paper and baking sheet pan to assemble macarons.
- Pipe ganache on one flat side of macaron shell.
- Add Apple Cinnamon Confit in the center of the ganache.
- Sandwich macaron with another shell and press slightly. I decorated these apple shaped macrons with gluten free pretzel stick to look like stem. I also added pumpkin seeds to look like a leaves.