Macarons shaped as flowers are not only delicious, but they could be perfect gift for Mother’s Day or any other occasion! These flowers macarons were such a fun project to make. If you like shaped macarons, you defiantly need to try to make these. I made printable template, that you can download down below. Check also my instagram reel how to pipe and assemble flowers macarons.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
How to make flowers macarons
- Make macarons batter– I used my no rest macarons recipe. Video lesson and recipe is available.
- Divide and color batter– you can also make multiple batches with one color.
- Pipe and bake macarons-you can use rest or no rest macarons recipe
- Fill macarons– you can check macarons fillings here
- Add finishing touches– use sprinkles, edible gold, or edible markers
- Flowers macarons template
- Edible gold to decorate
- Favorite food coloring
How to pipe flowers macarons
First, download and print template.
Then place template under baking mat. After that prepare macarons batter and transfer into pipping bag with round pipping tip. I am recommending using Wilton 10 pipping tip. Pipe flowers as you see down below. You need to start pipping with one circle and the move tip to the center, while still squeezing pipping bag.
Repeat with all circles. You can pipe different color of batter into the center if you want to make sunflower or daisy looking flowers.
Tip from Marina: use toothpick to help batter settle in the shape of the flowers.
When you pipe macarons you need to bake macarons. After baking you need to let macaron shells to cool completely on the baking mat. And only after that to fill with your favorite filling.
How to assemble macarons
Prepare your favorite macaron filling. Check recipes here. When you have macaron shells and filling ready, transfer filling into pipping bag with round pipping tip or other. I used Wilton 10 pipping tip. Pipe filling on the flat side of the flower. After that top with other flower looking macaron shell. When you have all macarons filled, place them into airtight container to mature in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Enjoy!
If you like shaped macarons, check other templates I have here
How to store macarons
Store macarons in airtight container in the refregirator for 2-3 days. You can also freeze macarons for up to 6 months. Defrost macarons through out refregirator in the same container as you were freezing them for a few hours or overnight. Do not microwave macarons to speed up process. Macarons are very delicate dessert. They are requared time to bake, fill and defrost correctly.
Tips for making Flowers shaped macarons
- use template to pipe macarons
- start with one color
- use different fillings for macarons
- do not be afraid to experiment with the colors
There is really good blog post Megan has on her blog about how to make shaped flowers.
If you make these macarons, please tag me on the social media and make sure to leave a rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Check also other recipes:
- Buttercream recipes (Hydrangea flowers)
- Chocolate lava cake
- Lemon macarons
- Egg shaped macarons
- Meringue roulate with berries
- Zephyr recipe
- Pumpkin Shaped Macarons
- Sugared cranberries
- Brown Butter Buttercream Macarons
- 1 stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- 1 kitchen scale
- 1 flowers template
- 1 batch macarons shells batter
- 1 batch filling for macarons
- Downlode and print template.
- Make macarons batter.
- Divide and color batter.
- Pipe and bake macarons.
- Fill macarons with favorite filling.
- Place macarons into airtight container to mature in the refrigerator for 24 hours.