This Pumpkin Cake is soft, moist, flavored with pumpkin spice and cinnamon. I topped this cake with light cream cheese frosting. This recipe is for beginners and required ingredients that can be found in every kitchen.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Ingredients You’ll need
- Flour. All-purpose flour was used in this recipe.
- Sugar. White granulated and Light Brown Sugar.
- Pumpkin puree. Make sure it it puree and not pumpkin pie filling. Whole Foods has Organic Pumpkin Puree.
- Oil. Vegetable or canola oil can be used.
- Egg. Large eggs room temperature.
- Spices. Pumpkin Spice and Cinnamon.
- Frosting. Cream cheese, powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream.
How to make Pumpkin Cake
Really simple recipe and required no baking skills. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix to combine. Transfer into baking pan and bake in the preheated oven. Cool pumpkin cake before spreading cream cheese frosting on top. Refrigerate and cut to squares. Enjoy with cup of tea or coffee.
How to store
Store Pumpkin Cake in the fridge for 1-2 days in airtight container. You can also freeze this cake for 1-2 month. I would recommend to freeze without frosting.
Tips for making Pumpkin Cake
- Make sure to use Pumpkin Puree and not Pumpkin pie filling. These are two different ingredients.
- You can bake Pumpkin Cake a day ahead and decorate with frosting next day before serving.
- This recipe made to fit 9×13 baking pan. Do not use smaller.
If you make this Pumpkin Cake, please tag me on social media and make sure to leave a rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Check also other recipes:
- 1 whisk or hand mixer
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (1 can)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese 226 gr
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream cold
How to make Pumpkin Cake
- Preheat oven to 350oF (177oC) and grease a 9×13 non-stick baking pan.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, eggs and 1 can of pumpkin puree.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and whisk until combine. Transfer into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350oF (177oC) for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean inserted in the center. Let cool completely in pan before topping with cream cheese frosting.
How to make Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a mixing bowl of stand mixer with pedal attachment beat cream cheese and sifted powder sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add cold heavy whipping cream and beat again on low speed for about 20-30 seconds.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting on cooled pumpkin cake and sprinkle with pumpkin spice (optional).
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving.