My Gingerbread Man macarons were big hit, and I had many requests to post more holiday macarons. How about Snowman macarons? They could be fun to decorate for kids and adults. I also made Snowman template for macarons that you can download and print.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase a product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
How to make Snowman Macarons
- Bake macaron shells. For macarons shells recipes please see our Italian meringue or French meringue recipes. There are many tips how to make perfect macarons shells. For food coloring I used Haute White Coconut.
- Prepare ganache. You can use any of your favorite to fill macarons.
- Decorate macaron shell to look like snowman. See below how I did.
- Assemble macarons.
I had to create the template for snowman shaped macarons. You can download here:
First you need to pipe one big circle and then a smaller circle on top of it, leaving a little gap between the 2 circles. Circles will connect after banging the tray against the counter.
When you baking macarons make sure the temperature doesn’t go higher that you usually bake, or macarons will turn brown. Use over termometer.
Tip from Marina: I put empty baking tray on the top rack in my oven and bake macarons on the middle rack.
Let the shells cool before decorating.
How to decorate Snowman macarons
- Use food coloring markers. They are markers that have edible ink and perfect for decorating macarons or any other cookies.
- Royal icing is another great way to decorate macarons. It’s dry hard and will not get damaged when you package macarons.
- Melting chocolate wafers are also great for decorating macarons. I like to use Chirardelli.
How to make white chocolate ganache
Place white chocolate into plastic bowl or cup. Semi melt chocolate in the microwave using 30 seconds intervals. In the small pot heat up heavy cream. Do not boil! Pour the hot heavy cream over melted chocolate in 3 parts. Keep mixing fast and pressing down with the help of rubber spatula. Emulsify with the hand blender. After that transfer ganache to a glass container and cover with the plastic wrap “to contact”. Let it set in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight.
Transfer the ganache in a pipping bag with a round tip and pipe a generous amount on half the macarons shells. Sandwich them with the decorated macaron shells. When you done assembling macarons, you need to place them in air-thight container in the refregirator for 12 hours or overnight. Macarons need to mature before you can eat them. This is very important step! Do not skip it!
Can you freeze macarons
Yes, you can freeze macarons. Place macarons in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months. Remove them from the freezer and place them in the refrigerator to defrost the day before you plan on eating them.
If you do try this template and recipe, please do not forget to tag me on the social media. Also leave a comment on how you liked it on this blog post.
Check also other holiday macarons recipes:
- Eggnog Macarons
- Pumpkin Shaped Macarons
- Strawberry Macarons
- Egg Shaped Macarons
- Blueberry macarons
- Lemon macarons
- Pumpkin pie macarons
- 1 emulsify blender
- 280 gr white chocolate
- 140 gr heavy cream
- Place white chocolate into plastic bowl or cup. Semi melt chocolate in the microwave using 30 seconds intervals.
- In the small pot heat up heavy cream. Do not boil!
- Pour the hot heavy cream over melted chocolate in 3 parts. Keep mixing fast and pressing down with the help of rubber spatula.
- Emulsify with hand blender.
- Transfer to a glass container and cover with plastic wrap “to contact”. Let set in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Place the ganache in a pipping bag with a round tip and pipe a generous amount on half the macarons shells.
- Sandwich them with the decorated macaron shells.