Blueberry Lemon Scones are loaded with blueberries and topped with lemon glaze. These scones are crispy on the outside and flaky inside. They are perfect for breakfast or any time of the day. The recipe is easy to make and requires simple ingredients. You will be making them again and again.
As an Amazon associate, I make a small commission if you use any of the affiliate links below to purchase the product. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Blueberry season and you don’t know what to make with them
- Simple and quick recipe
- No mixer needed
- Used simple ingredients that can be found in every kitchen
- You can use any different berries in this recipe
How to make Blueberry Lemon Scones
Step 1. Make dough with fresh blueberries. You can also use frozen blueberries for this recipe. Important to have butter very cold. You can place it in the freezer before using.
Step 2. Shape the dough into circle and cut equal wedges. You can also check other technique from Let the Baking Begin post.
Step 3. Bake scones at preheated oven to 425oF for 15 minutes or until they are golden.
Step 4. Drizzle with lemon glaze. This is totally optional. I love combination of blueberries and lemon.
Tips for making Blueberry Lemon Scones
- Do not use your hand to mix dough. Butter will melt from the heat of hands and scones will spread flat in the oven while baking.
- You can sprinkle scones with coarse sugar before baking.
- Use different berries of mix of berries in this recipe.
How to store
Store Blueberry Lemon Scones in an airtight container for 3-4 days at room temperature.
Can you freeze scones?
Yes, freeze baked scones in air-tight container or bag for 1-2 months. You can also freeze unbaked scones. When you are ready to bake them, place frozen on parchment paper on the baking sheet and bake. You may need to increase baking time as you bake them frozen. Great for breakfast!
If you make these Blueberry Lemon Scones, please tag me on social media and make sure to leave a rating down below. I would love to see your creations! Check also other recipes:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Macarons
- No bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Blueberry Muffins
- Lemon Macarons
- Blueberry Macarons
Blueberry Lemon Scones
- 1 grater with large holes
- 1 rabber spatula
- 1 baking sheet pan
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup unsalted butter cold 1 stick
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
How to make Blueberry Scones
- Preheat oven to 425oF. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the small mixing bowl or cup mix sour cream and milk until combined. Set aside or refrigerate if your kitchen is too hot.
- In the mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add sugar and lemon zest.
- Grate cold butter into dry ingredients.
- Mix grated butter with dry ingredients. Work fast so the butter doesn't start to melt.
- Add sour cream and milk mixture.
- Using spatula mix all to combine.
- Add fresh blueberries and gently mix.
- Dump half of the dough onto parchment paper or floured surface.
- Pull dough together and shape into a 3/4-1-inch-thick circle.
- Using a knife or bench scraper cut into 8 or 12 equal wedges and pull them apart.
- Bake at 425oF for 15 minutes or until golden.
How to make Lemon Glaze
- Stir together sifted powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Drizzle lemon glaze over blueberry scones and serve warm or room temperature.